Kids Walk Tall
At Start-Rite we believe all kids should be free to walk tall. That’s why this summer we’ve teamed up with the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation to help raise funds for the anti-bullying charity with the launch of our #KidsWalkTall campaign.
The campaign aims to empower children and encourage self-confidence as part of their journey through school as they learn more about who they are and who they might be tomorrow. This is highlighted in a short film where children share their thoughts on school life, the friendships they’ve made, the struggles they face, and how it’s good to be different.
To support the campaign, Start-Rite are asking parents and carers to share the campaign film on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Each time the film is posted publicly with the hashtag #KidsWalkTall, Start-Rite will donate £1 to the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation.
Start-Rite Shoes has helped children explore in comfort and confidence for 226 years and believe every day is an opportunity for children to discover more about themselves and the world around them. Start-Rite stands together with the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation to support and encourage children to feel strong and confident and believe that school should be a place where every child should be free to walk tall.
Start-Rite Shoes CEO, Ian Watson, said: “We’re here to support and inspire children. We build our shoe collection around the belief that all children are different – and all children should to be free to be who they want to be – at home and at school. But we know that for some children a daily battle with bullying prevents them from embracing the opportunities that school provides. We hope the #KidsWalkTall campaign will help encourage children to feel confident about who they are and help to raise vital funds for the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation.”
Ben Cohen, founder of the StandUp Foundation, said: “We’re really happy to be involved in such an important campaign with Start-Rite Shoes. #KidsWalkTall helps to tackle bullying by empowering children to be who they want to be. Too many children and young people find school difficult, because of bullying, and end up disconnected, isolated and lonely. Often they continue to suffer the consequences of low self-esteem and low confidence well into adulthood. So let’s make a difference, #StandUpAgainstBullying and help #KidsWalkTall.”
Thank you to the children of Hornsby House School.
About the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation:
The Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation is the world's first foundation dedicated to raising awareness of the long-term, damaging effects of bullying by connecting communities and raising funds to support those doing real-world work to eradicate bullying. The Foundation was started in 2012 by Ben Cohen, former rugby union international and 2003 Rugby World Cup Winner. Ben was moved to launch the Foundation following the terrible events of his father’s death when he was fatally injured trying to protect an employee.
- During the campaign period of 24th July to 4th September 2018, Start-Rite Shoes will donate £1 to the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation each time one of our #KidsWalkTall campaign films is shared publicly on social media with the hashtag #KidsWalkTall.
- Public shares will be collated from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn only.
- If you have a private account, you can make your post public by changing this in the settings of your post.
- If you have a private account and don’t wish to share the post publicly, please send a screen grab of your post featuring the hashtag #kidswalktall to PR@startriteshoes.com to ensure your post is accounted for by the Start-Rite team.
- Start-Rite will announce the total donations made to the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation by Monday 10th September on social media.
- Donations will be capped at £10,000.
- You can contact us in relation to the above campaign by writing to Marketing Dept, Start-Rite Shoes Ltd, Peachman Way, Broadland Business Park, Norwich, NR7 0WF.