Our innovative way to measure your child’s feet at home is not only accurate, but simple and free too.
Simply print our grid, take three photographs of each foot and then upload to quickly get your child’s Start-Rite shoe size. Instructions are included with the grid, but can also be viewed further down the page along with useful tips and a video to ensure your images calculate first time.
Please note that Click 'n' Fit will only measure from a small size S3 to a large size L6 and children need to be able to stand unaided.
Click each link below to upload the appropriate image to the relevant block.
1. Printing the grid
Ensure your printer is set to 100% or ‘do not scale’, and ‘Auto-Rotate and Centre’ is selected.
If the grid isn’t printed to scale the photo’s will not process, or will return an incorrect size.
2. Setting up
Ensure your child is wearing plain (ideally white) socks and roll up trousers slightly.
Place the grid on a hard, smooth floor – not carpet as this can distort the grid.
Switch the flash of your phone or camera on.
3. Photo ready
Place one of child’s feet in the centre of the grid, making sure it’s straight – you need to be able to see the grid all the way round the foot.
Keep the leg straight (bending their knee slightly should help) and ensure the other foot is not in view.
4. Taking the photographs
Make sure the whole piece of paper is visible on your phone or camera screen, and ensure you are lined up square to the outside of the foot.
Kneel on the floor – so that the angle of the image is correct - and take a photo of the outside of the foot.
5. Getting your size
Repeat the above for the inside of the foot, and for the top of the foot – move round your child to ensure their foot remains in the same place.
Pop back to www.startriteshoes.com/click-n-fit to upload your images and calculate your Start-Rite size.
Below are visual examples of good and bad images to help further, along with a few tips to ensure you get the best images first time.
• Put the A4 grid on a smooth hard floor - not carpet.
• Your child should wear plain thin light-coloured socks for the photographs. Avoid patterned or striped socks.
• Position the foot centrally on the A4 grid and line it up with the long side of the paper. You must be able to see the edge of the grid all around the foot in each photo – including all four corners.
• Your child's knee should be slightly bent for the photographs. That will make sure that their leg is leaning slightly forwards.
• Switch the camera's flash on.
• Kneel on the floor to take the photos - it will put you at the right height.
• Make sure the grid fills about half of the camera screen.
Good inside image
Good outside image
Good top image
Grid is at the wrong angle. It should be straight on, and the other foot should not be in the photo
Too close. You should be able to fully see the grid and all four corners
Position incorrect. The foot needs to be centered on the grid, and the leg needs to be straight
Foot is the wrong round round on the grid. It should be aligned to the long edge of the grid.
Too Far. The grid should take up the majority of the photo
Too high. Photo taken too high up, the side of the foot needs to be visible