We are looking to recruit a bank of Retail Sales Assistants (zero-hour contracts) that can join us during our busy peak seasons at our two Fenwicks concessions in Kingston and Brent Cross. We would get you fully trained in every aspect of foot health and measuring & fitting so when we need to call on you, you’ll be ready to go! As we’re in retail, you would be required to work weekends and bank holidays during our busy times as that’s when we would need you the most!
You would be responsible for providing an excellent shopping experience for every customer, being able to demonstrate a knowledge of all our products and providing expert advice on all aspects of foot health, measuring and fitting.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day cleanliness of the sales floor, making sure it’s kept maintained throughout the day to a very high standard, along with the maintenance and cleanliness of the stockroom.
You would assist with the daily operations and objectives set in store and you will be flexible in approach to support the business at peak trading times.
You’d need to be confident in dealing with all types of consumer interaction including booking fitting appointments as well as offering personal measuring sessions, being at ease dealing with all types of children including those with special needs.
Working to an appointment system during peak trading times you will need to be able to effectively manage your time and priorities.
A flexible approach to working hours, working remotely and any other changes to support the business.
• To provide excellent customer service and make Start-Rite the go to place for children's shoes
• Working remotely and being responsible and managing the sales floor
• Be fully conversant on foot health, measuring and fitting, providing correct advice to parents on their purchases
• Have a knowledge of all products, features and benefits
• Deal with complaints in a professional manner
• Assisting and supporting those families with any special needs requirements
• Strive to achieve store and individual daily targets
• Process sales efficiently at till point, PDQ and remote payment stations
• Flexibility and adaptability to provide additional support during busy times and peak trading seasons
• To be actively involved with the day-to-day housekeeping and your department maintenance to the highest standards
• Carry out any reasonable request by the Start Rite managers and other representatives from the Company to ensure the smooth running of your department
• Put away stock in correct area of your stock room, ensure new styles are displayed at the correct price on receipt of delivery always maintaining a neat & tidy stockroom
• Assist with stockroom and stock audits as and when required
• To be polite and professional when representing the Company
• To comply with all Health & Safety regulations as laid out by the Company and Fenwicks
• Maintain the highest standards of the agreed dress code