Choosing shoes for the new school year can be tricky – do you go for a smarter school shoe, or a more casual trainer? While some schools have specific requirements for the kind of shoes they’ll allow, others are fairly flexible and allow trainers.
To help you decide what’s best for your little one’s feet, here’s some things to consider:
Leather/Patent School Shoes
- • The smarter option, our leather and patent school shoes are perfect for schools that require a more formal shoe. They’re ideal for both the classroom and formal occasions such as assemblies, prize-giving and more.
- • We provide a number of different shoes to suit school uniforms, including brogues, Mary Janes, T-bars, and more. This allows kids to choose their favourite style and show off their unique personality.
- • Fun and functional, our leather and patent school shoes feature special detailing such as pretty punch-outs, brogue detailing and other embellishments.
- • Leather and patent school shoes often easier to clean and wipe down after a long, mucky day at school than trainers. Often, all they need is a simple damp cloth. Find out more in our guide to caring for school shoes.
- • Leather school shoes are not built for longer periods of sport or exercise (past frolicking in the playground or pounding the halls), so if you’re looking for a multi-tasking shoe, consider a school trainer.
Discover our range of leather and patent school shoes for boys and girls at Start-Rite.
- • Our school trainers are sporty and comfortable while still ‘smart’ enough for many schools as they’re neutral coloured with no logos, patterns or other marks. Simple and stylish, they’re suitable for school classrooms and sports fields.
- • Our trainers are perfect for taking little feet from the classroom straight to the sports field without a shoe change required. They’re specially designed for playing school sports with an adjustable strap, non-marking sole and padded ankle for extra support and comfort.
- • They’re available in black, white and navy.
Whether you choose school shoes or school trainers at Start-Rite, your child is guaranteed complete comfort, support and stability from first bell right through to home time.
Both options are durable and carefully designed to offer complete freedom of movement and provide comfort in every activity. With lightweight, flexible soles, impact cushioning and anti-compression insoles, they’re made to limit impact and be gentle on developing feet.
All of our school shoes and trainers are rigorously tested during manufacture to make sure they stand up to the highest industry standards. After testing, they’re sent out to the real world and tested on our team of real-life kids to check they’re fit for purpose.
We offer a wide range of sizes for the perfect fit in both school shoes and school trainers. You’ll find whole and half sizes available and up to four width fittings – from E for narrow feet through to H for extra wide feet.